1. What did you do in 2006 that you'd never done before?
a. Found a job that I am totally in love with (for the most part).
b. Started a blog.
c. Went to a jazz bar – and loved it.
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more this year?
I don't remember what my resolution was, but I'm fairly certain it had something to do with losing weight. The list for this year’s resolutions is on the other blog page.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
About five friends and my old boss.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
No, thank God.
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2007 that you lacked in 2006?
a. A baby, of course (sorry, it always comes back to that).
b. To follow through with one or two of the crazy ideas I come up with – it would be entertaining, believe me!
7. What date(s) from 2006 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
April 26th – First day at the new job.
June 30th – Celebrated the 5th Wedding Anniversary with the husband – that’s a big thing since not many people even make it that far anymore.
November 8th – Found out I was pregnant.
November 29th – Found out it was ectopic, spent the day in the ER.
December 18th – Had surgery for the burst fallopian tube.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Getting my current job as an editor and writing for some new magazines – yeah baby, I waited a long time for that!
9. What was your biggest failure?
I guess losing the baby, not that it was really a failure on my part, but sometimes it feels that way.
10. Did you suffer any illness or injury?
Uh, do you read my blog? First surgery of my entire life was December 18th – not fun, so we won’t discuss it.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Probably the new car, since without it I would be riding the “Loser Cruiser.” But for myself, I guess I would have to say….uh…I don’t know…maybe…uh…
12. Who merits celebration?
The husband – for being the kind of man that he is.
My dad – for being my hero, no matter what.
My mom – for letting me see that she does have a soft side.
My brother – for turning into a cute, cool teenager overnight.
Monica – the Bahama Mama, she’s one of the only people that has ever seen me at my worst, and still accepted me the way I am.
To the friends I’ve made in blog land – oh wow, some of the most amazing people ever.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Maybe my own sometimes.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Paying off debt, going out for lunch, and paying for parking – woo friggin’ hoo.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Getting the job at MEP.
16. What song will always remind you of 2006?
The Boys Wanna Be Her – Peaches.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder?
Both. Sadder because I lost the one thing I wanted most, along with some body parts. Happier because for some reason I have renewed faith in the world and the people in it.
ii. thinner or fatter?
Blech, probably fatter. Going to try my damndest to fix that though.
iii. richer or poorer?
Have less debt, but less pocket money. Sounds stupid but it’s true.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Write for myself, not for cash.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Worry and watch t.v.
20. Did you fall in love in 2006?
I probably fell in love with my husband a little more over the past three months.
21. How many one-night stands?
Um, none. See above answer.
22. What was your favorite TV program?
Brothers & Sisters.
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Yes, but I didn’t know them last year – and they’re not worth mentioning.
24. What was the best book you read?
The DaVinci Code. I know a lot of people think it’s a load of hooey. But I have to tell you, imagining Jesus as a normal guy, having a wife and a child - and that there are secret codes hidden throughout Catholicism makes it far more interesting to me.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Prince (of all people), Sublime and Peaches.
26. What did you want and get?
A kick-ass job where I actually feel like a grown-up.
27. What did you want and not get?
Sigh, a baby – we’ve been over this.
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I was 26 and I don’t know what I did, maybe went to the Gwen Stefani concert? It was somewhere around that time.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Still being pregnant.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2006?
Pretty much the same as last year: jeans, cute shoes, funky tops and accessories!
32. What kept you sane?
The husband first and foremost, followed by going “home” to Ontario and hanging out with my parents and brother – that is what mellows me out and keeps me grounded.
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I had a brief, lustful longing for both Orlando Bloom and Jason Statham. Both are over now – it just wouldn’t have worked. ; )
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
Stephen Harper being such a dipshit and deciding that we would fight in the war instead of being peacekeepers as we always have. Get some balls you loser.
35. Who did you miss?
The Bahama Mama – wow, I miss that girl. Seeing your best friend twice a year just doesn’t cut it.
36. Who was the best new person you met?
Wow, that’s hard. Since I started a new job there are some pretty awesome new people in my life. Probably Adrienne, since she proved that there are people out there that are more twisted and foul-mouthed than I am – plus she’s so damn funny. And Zig too – he’s such a positive person that it’s hard to be depressed, he always finds the silver lining.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2006.
Sometimes no matter how hard you pray or how many “deals” you make - you just can’t get what you want.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
“Running, running, as fast as we can. Do you think we’ll make it? We’re running. Keep holding my hand, so we don’t get separated.” – No Doubt , Running